Monday, May 20, 2013

Burlap Table Runners--What's Your Style?

Burlap table runners are all the rage now and there are so many different and wonderful styles to make them in. They look beautiful on a dining room table, coffee table, sideboard or hutch or how about dressing up a picnic table or a table on the porch. So many ways to use these versatile pieces. I think they are sure to become a classic. 

So which of these fits your style? All photos have come from Pinterest and I have linked each photo back to it's place on Pinterest. Just click on the photo. 

And remember I can Sew one For You! 


Pinterest Link

 Simple burlap runner with a simple ruffle. Classic!


Pinterest Link

Or add a nice soft ruffle of scrim, muslin or even gauze.


Pinterest Link
 
 A lovely gathered and layered ruffle with raw edges. Casual and classy.


Pinterest Link

 Add a small ruffle with a nice cotton print.



Pinterest Link

 Double ruffle made from red and white ticking.


Pinterest Link

 Do the reverse and make the runner from cotton fabric and pleated or ruffled details in burlap.



Pinterest Link

 Totally raw edge and embellish with doilies old and new!


Pinterest Link

Try adding some rolled roses! With or without the lace, with or without a ruffle, or maybe some raw edged roses of burlap. Any way it comes up beautiful!

The possibilities are endless! 

Another option could be painters cloth. I love painters cloth! It is soft and nubbly, natural looking and close to the color of this last runners photo.

 No matter what your style I see a beautiful runner in your future!

Linking to:

click here
Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you say, so please leave a comment. I read all of my comments and try to answer, but if I don't please know that I have read your comment and I thank you for it. ♥